Join the Bash Bish Builders Crew in building and restoring the Quarry Hill Trail in the South Taconics.
We will be continuing to build stone steps on the steep section of trail, and will be using a winch to move large rocks. We will need to carry tools up to the worksite, but I hope to have the job box in place ahead of time. This is a very steep work site where the footing can be tricky.
We will meet at the Quarry Hill Trail parking lot on Quarry Hill Road (42.03259, -73.50466)
• What: Building stone steps.
• Tools: Safety glasses, pick mattocks, rocks bars, crush hammers, and a winch. I have tools to share with people who need them.
• The hike to the work site: 0.4 m and very steep
• The usual: Please bring lunch, ample water, work gloves, sturdy boots, and work clothes appropriate for the weather that you don't mind getting dirty.
Prior to your first workday, please complete the Volunteer Service Agreement:
- For 'Location/Facility' use Taconic Region
- For 'Description of Volunteer Service' use Trail Crew
Visit the Bash Bish Builders Crew page to learn more about our Trail Crew.
If you have any questions please contact Andrew Seirup at [email protected]
North East, NY 12546
Additional worktrip information